Policies for Efficient and Effective Service Delivery
- Tourism policy
- Cooperatives and industrialization policy
Bills and Acts Enacted For Effective Service Delivery
- County trade development bill 2015
- County credit bill 2015
- Trade licensing and market development bill 2015
- County investment promotion draft bill 2015
Public Participation in Its Project Implementations
- Dissemination of information to the public through the department of information and public communication
- Involvement of market committees in identification of infrastructural needs of the respective markets and supervision of development projects implementation
- Public participation in budget making process.
- Sensitization of the public about their rights and roles in supervising projects being implemented in their areas.
Sustainability of the Projects
- To educate and sensitize the public on the need, ownership and care of all projects
- For continuity and sustainability of education the County is in the process of collaborating with board of management for various institutions.
- Collaborating with Non state actors like banks, NGO’s through private public partnership
Risks / Challenges in the sector
- Infrastructural constraints.
- Limited local community participation in local tourism.
- Inadequate information on local tourism.
- Lack of security for accessing credits/loans High default rates on loans.
- Negative business attitudes / lack of entrepreneurship skills.
- Inadequate work sites / spaces for business.
- Lack/inadequate land for markets and business parks.
- Domestic tourism promotion and marketing through promotion of heritage sites like Thim-Lich
- Sensitization of local community members about the benefits of tourism and the need to embrace domestic tourism.
- Enacting county legislation to easy access to credit by a large cross- section of SMEs not currently covered.
- Education and training of qualified loan applicants on best management practices before granting of loans.
- Encouraging and facilitating the formation of SACCOS to harness savings among the SMEs and to provide a media for engaging external donor support programmes.
- Construction of work sites / business facilities such as market sheds.
- Creating / building collaborative effort with other relevant stakeholders like SMEA in the development of SMEs.
Approaches Used In Achieving County Desired Goals
- Adhering to the CIDP developing departmental annual work plans and Performance Contracts
- Ongoing M&E at departmental level on daily, weekly and monthly basis. Quarterly, biannual and annual appraisals.
- Reports on projects and programmes are generated continuously to ensure accountability and effective delivery of service.